Communications off campus
An important part of your communications learning will be hands-on experience in an internship. Northwestern’s Career Development Center will help you prepare for and find an internship that matches your interests and talent. Whether you stay close to campus or venture across the country, the experience will build your resume, increase your professional network, and maybe even lead to landing your first job.
Communications students have interned at:
- Colon Cancer Coalition, Bloomington, MN
- Passenger Productions, Sioux Falls, SD
- Missouri Life Magazine, Boonville, MO
- The Kennedy Center, Washington, DC
- Synod of the Heartland, Orange City
- KELOLAND-TV, Sioux Falls, SD
- Sparrow Label Group, Nashville
- Sanford Health, Sioux Falls, SD
- Republican Party, San Diego
- planitOmaha, Omaha, NE
- Galloway Group, Denver
- Chicago Reporter
Washington Journalism Center
Take a political beat and explore what it means to be a Christian working in the media in a city that is home to both the powerful and the powerless.
Spend a semester in the Windy City. In addition to your communications internship at a big-city business, you’ll also take classes on Christian social values and urban culture.