What to bring to college
When you come to Northwestern, we want you to make yourself at home. Bringing things from home helps. Of course, you can’t bring everything, so use the lists below to decide what to pack and what to leave.
You should bring ...
- Alarm clock
- Cell phone (or telephone and answering machine)
- Laundry bag/basket
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Pillow, sheets and blankets for a twin bed with an 80-inch mattress
- Power strips with a surge protector
- Towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner
You might want to bring ...
- Bicycle and lock (racks near each residence; winter storage available)
- Clamp-on extension lamp
- Coffee mug
- Dish towel and dish soap
- Eating utensils for snacks
- Hot pot
- Message board for your door
- Refridgerator (less than 4 cubic feet)
- Sewing kit
- Basket or other tote for toiletries
- TV (and antenna for reception; no cable in the residence halls)
- Wall decor
Do NOT bring ...
- Air conditioner
- Airsoft guns
- Halogen lights
- Lofts require approval of your submission of a construction drawing to the director of residence life
- Pets (except fish)
- Pizza Pizzazz