The best way to figure out how a college fits you is to visit. Our students say one of the best things about Northwestern—the feeling of community—is hard to explain to someone who hasn’t experienced it. But you can get a taste by visiting campus. Meet our students and professors and talk to an admissions and financial aid counselor. Sit in on classes and spend the night in a residence hall.
These specialty campus visit days are offered each year. Select the visit you're interested in for available dates.
Visit Northwestern and we'll reimburse the cost of your airfare up to $300, payable when you're accepted for admission. The reimbursement must be requested within one month of your visit and is subject to the following restrictions:
- Reimbursement is for airfare only and does not include baggage fees.
- You must stay overnight on campus in order to be eligible for the airfare reimbursement. If your trip includes visits to other colleges, Northwestern will reimburse you for a portion of your ticket cost, up to $150 (excluding baggage fees).
- Only high school juniors, seniors and transfer students are eligible for the one-time flight reimbursement. Additional visits will be made at the student's own expense.
- Tickets for traveling companions are not eligible for reimbursement.
Northwestern will provide transportation to and from airports in Sioux City, IA (45 min. from Orange City) and Sioux Falls, SD (1.5 hours from Orange City). Visitors flying into other airports should arrange their own transportation to campus. (If your trip includes a visit to another college, we'll provide transportation at least to or from the airport, but not necessarily both.)
- For more airport pick-up options, visit during one of our two Fly to Iowa weekends!