You’re applying—we’re so excited! We’re eager to work with you as you go through the admissions process. Contact us with any questions along the way.
Admissions requirements and instructions vary depending on the type of student you are, so select the most appropriate category below:
- High school students/home-school students
- Transfer students
- Northwestern NEXT (for students with intellectual or developmental disabilities)
- Online student
- Application for re-enrollment (for former students)
- Study abroad programs
- Post Secondary Education Opportunity (PSEO)
- Guest application (for on-site non-degree-seeking students)
Students scoring an ACT composite score of 18 or higher (or the SAT equivalent) combined with a high school GPA of 2.0 are generally admitted unconditionally. Students with a score or GPA below these standards may be asked to complete an "Insight Résumé" questionnaire as part of their application for admission before an acceptance decision is made. Students who are asked to complete the questionnaire will be notified within two weeks of completing their application.