NEXT applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between ages 18 and 24 and have a documented diagnosis of an intellectual or developmental disability requiring support and services beyond those typically provided in college
- Have a completed high school program with a diploma, certificate of completion or the equivalent
- Demonstrate basic skills in reading, writing, math and communication
- Be able to take care of basic personal needs – such as personal hygiene, medication and sleep schedule – independently
- Demonstrate the ability to accept and follow rules and display respectful, appropriate behavior
- Have a strong desire to attend college and become an independent adult, possessing sufficient emotional stability and maturity to successfully participate in the program with support
The information on the form below is secure and will not be shared outside of Northwestern College personnel. If you prefer to complete a hardcopy application, contact NEXT program director John Menning. The applicant should complete this form herself or himself, with support as needed.