|We have new measures in place to safeguard your health during your Raider Day visit. You can also take advantage of our virtual Raider Day visit, which lets you experience Northwestern through videos and 360-degree photos, as well as sign up for Zoom meetings with professors and coaches.|
Raider Days (group visit days)
Experience the feeling of community at NWC by attending one of our Raider Days. During this full-day, group-visit event, you'll interact with students, professors and coaches as you witness Northwestern's academics, student life, and vibrant Christian environment. You and your family will tour campus, attend chapel, eat in the cafeteria, learn more about financial aid, hear directly from current students, and meet with our faculty and/or coaches. Raider Days begin with registration at 8:15 a.m. and conclude between 1 and 3 p.m., depending on your individual appointments with professors or coaches.
When you visit, we'll have these new measures in place to safeguard your health and safety, as well as that of the Northwestern College community:
- If you are in a high-risk health category, please refrain from visiting at this time.
- If you become ill in the days prior to your scheduled visit or do not feel well on your visit day, please call 712-707-7130 and we will help you reschedule your visit.
- Visitors, faculty and staff must follow social distancing guidelines while on campus.
- Northwestern has hand-washing and sanitizing stations all around campus.
- We encourage you to wear face coverings during your time on campus. We will provide disposable masks for all who need them.
Registration for Raider Days closes one week in advance of each date.
Friday, Sept. 18
Friday, Oct. 2
Friday, Oct. 16
Friday, Oct. 30 (Health & Natural Sciences Raider Day)
Friday, Nov. 6
Friday, Dec. 4
Friday, Jan. 29
Friday, Feb. 5 (Hispanic Raider Day)
Friday, March 19 (for juniors)
Friday, April 23 (for juniors)
If one of our Raider Days doesn’t work for you, schedule a personalized campus visit.
|8:30 a.m.||Welcome and opening session (with breakfast items)|
|9 a.m.||Campus tours|
|11 a.m.||Life at NWC panel|
|11:45 a.m.||Financial aid|
|12:10||Lunch in the cafeteria|
|1 to 3 p.m.||Faculty/staff/coach appointments|
Visit Northwestern College, and we'll reimburse up to $300 of your airfare costs for a flight into Sioux Falls, S.D., or Sioux City, Iowa, and up to $225 for flights into Omaha, Neb., payable when you're accepted for admission. The reimbursement must be requested within one month of your visit and is subject to the following restrictions:
- Reimbursement is for airfare only and does not include baggage fees.
- You must stay overnight on campus in order to be eligible for the airfare reimbursement. If your trip includes visits to other colleges, Northwestern will reimburse you for a portion of your ticket cost, up to $150 (or $113 for Omaha).
- Only high school juniors, seniors and transfer students are eligible for the one-time flight reimbursement. Additional visits will be made at the student's own expense.
- Tickets for traveling companions are not eligible for reimbursement.
Northwestern will provide transportation to and from airports in Sioux City, Iowa (45 minutes from Orange City) and Sioux Falls, S.D. (1.5 hours from Orange City). Visitors flying into other airports should arrange their own transportation to campus. (If your trip includes a visit to another college, we'll provide transportation at least to or from the airport, but not necessarily both.)
There’s no fee for Raider Days. Lunch in the cafeteria for you and your parents is on us. If you arrive on campus the night before your Raider Day, you can request to stay with a current student in one of our residence halls. Since campus housing is limited to students, your parents will need to make their own accommodations in a local hotel.
Your parents are invited to join you for a Northwestern Raider Day. They may especially be interested in hearing from our financial aid director, professors and students. If you’re staying in one of our dorms overnight, your parents can check out our suggestions for nearby lodging.