Apart from the satisfaction of investing in students and the profession, preceptors are eligible for Northwestern College perks including a Northwestern College staff ID and the following benefits in appreciation for their time and clinical instruction.
- CME credit
- Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) high-weighted improvement activity points for eligible preceptors
- $1,000 Northwestern College scholarship available to participating clinics and their employees or family members*
- Clinics who train NWC PA students will be invited to network with current and graduating students for employee recruitment
- Access to NWC library resources
- Admittance to Northwestern athletic, drama, and music events
- Use of Rowenhorst Student Center fitness facilities
- 15% discount at NWC Bookstore
- Food discounts at NWC cafeteria, Hub, and Learning Commons coffee shop
*Specific terms apply
Northwestern College has applied for Accreditation–Provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). Northwestern College anticipates matriculating its first class in May 2020, pending achieving Accreditation–Provisional status at the September 2019 ARC-PA meeting. Accreditation–Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding Accreditation–Provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students. Should Northwestern College not receive Accreditation–Provisional, the program will not be permitted to start in May 2020.