Employers and graduate schools choose NWC computer science majors
Monday, May 2, 2005
Northwestern’s computer science seniors will enter the work force or graduate school following commencement in May. Among them are:
- Nick Boyes, a computer science major from Clear Lake, Iowa, who will join the Sioux Falls, S.D., firm DocuTap, a medical records software provider founded by 1998 NWC graduate Eric McDonald;
- Matt Gibson, a computer science major from Newton, Iowa, who will attend graduate school at the University of Iowa, where he plans to get a Ph.D. in computer science;
- Jessi Culbertson, a computer science major from Le Mars, Iowa, who accepted a position in the institutional technology department of Wells Blue Bunny in Le Mars; and
- Kyle Bahrke, a computer science major from Kingsley, Iowa, who has been hired by Interstates Control Systems, Inc., in Sioux Center, Iowa, as an applications programmer.
- Drew Schmidt, a computer science and theatre major from Sioux Center, Iowa, created a theatre sound design software program for his senior project. He has already sold a copy and built a website (www.frostsoundsystem.com) for the program, which he calls “Frost.”