Accelerate Siouxland Application
Accelerate Siouxland is a regional leadership development program that familiarizes community members with Siouxland’s vast resources (natural, human, economic, political, religious and ideological) to spark new connections and ideas that enhance the well-being of area residents and their communities. Participants become informed citizens of Siouxland and take on a practical project designed to benefit the region.
Participants will gather on the second Thursday of each month from September through April in various locations throughout Siouxland to engage materials such as Franklin Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team, and Unconscious Bias which together result in an attractive microcredential to showcase your personal development. Cost of the program and all materials is $925. Registration for our 2021-22 cohort is open from May 17 to July 17.
Please submit names and email addresses of two professional colleagues to request a reference letter.
Payment of $925.00 due upon acceptance to the program
Attendance at all Accelerate Siouxland sessions is a requirement. The Accelerate Siouxland Executive Committee reserves the right to drop any participant from the program who has unexcused absences.
- I understand the commitment of the Accelerate Siouxland program and, if selected to participate, I will attend all eight sessions in their entirety and will commit the time and energy necessary to make it a successful experience.
- Session 1: September 9, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Session 2: October 7, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Session 3: November 11, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Session 4: December 9, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Session 5: January 13, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Session 6: February 10, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Session 7: March 10, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Session 8: April 14, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Part of the Accelerate Siouxland program includes the completion of a class Community Service Project. I understand that although the majority of the project will be completed during class sessions, there may be times when I need to meet outside of the sessions to complete the project.
- I understand that I am expected to serve and strengthen my community upon completion of this program.
- I also understand that submission of the application does not guarantee selection into Accelerate Siouxland.
- I have received full support from my employer to participate in the program if selected, which includes the time required to participate in Accelerate Siouxland.