Tuition and financial aid
Tuition, room and board for 2020-21
|Tuition||Room & board||Technology fee||Total*|
(two semesters, 12-18 credits/semester)
|$9,800 to $10,500||$220||$42,720 to $43,420|
*Total does not include various fees, such as orientation, lab, or studio art course fees, or the cost of private music lessons.
Northwestern College provides significant financial assistance to international students based on each student's merit and need. Northwestern will provide assistance to cover at least one-third the cost of tuition for all who are admitted. Maximum scholarship awards generally do not include room and board, fees, health insurance, books or travel expenses.
Steps in the process
- Complete the
International Student Application, including the financial information section. You must show the ability to contribute the required international enrollment deposit of $5,000 (U.S.) annually for your application to be considered.
- When we notify you of admission, we’ll also communicate our financial aid offer. To confirm your intent to attend Northwestern and accept your financial aid package, return the signed financial aid offer with your $5,000 deposit.
- You will be required to document your ability to pay remaining college expenses with personal/family funds or sponsors' support before receiving an I-20 and F-1 (student) visa to enter the United States.
Northwestern College has partnered with Flywire to provide international students with an easy and secure method to make international payments. As the leading payments processor for educational institutions all over the world, Flywire delivers students' tuition payments quickly, easily and securely.
With Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish.
- Make payments in more than 150 currencies, online and from banks worldwide. (Other available payment methods include international credit and debit cards, and other international payment options that vary by country.)
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates.
- Enjoy peace of mind with dedicated multilingual customer support.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of your payment to your student account.
- Benefit from Flywire's Best Price Guarantee. (If you find a better rate at your local bank, Flywire will match it.)
- Ensure accurate and timely refunds of enrollment deposit or overpayments.
To ensure that your student account is properly credited in a timely and expedient fashion, please click the following link to initiate your payment: nwciowa.flywire.com
- Contact Kevin McMahan
Associate Dean for Intercultural Affairs