Payroll & HR Benefits Specialist
Northwestern College has an opening for a payroll and HR benefits specialist. Responsibilities include managing the college’s payroll functions and assisting with benefit administration. Duties will include: processing monthly employee payroll for all states where the college is registered; overseeing student payroll performed by student employment and payroll coordinator; payroll specific processes (i.e. W-2s, payroll taxes, state specific payments, etc.); benefits enrollment, record keeping, premium payment submission, vendor contacts, and some benefits communication; and assisting employees with payroll or benefit questions.
- 3-5 years related experience in payroll, general ledger and benefits administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, human resources or related field preferred, but not required.
- Multi-state payroll and tax experience.
- Previous or comparable experience and knowledge of payroll software programs preferred.
- Strong accounting, interpersonal, organizational, written and oral skills.
- Candidates should exhibit an attention to detail and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
The successful candidate will have an authentic Christian faith and support the college’s mission and identity as expressed in our Vision for Learning, Vision for Diversity and Statement of Christian Identity. Northwestern identifies as Reformed in commitment, evangelical in engagement and ecumenical in spirit. We view these Christian theological perspectives as complementary and draw from the strengths of each perspective in fulfilling our mission.
Northwestern seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Apply online below and send letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, use the button below to start or resume your application.