Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Academic Affairs
Northwestern College seeks a full-time executive assistant to support the office of the vice president for academic affairs. The executive assistant provides support for the VPAA, including calendar management, and coordinates key academic affairs processes including: the faculty evaluation process, the faculty search process and contracting process. The executive assistant also provides logistical support and coordination for commencement and budget management, including faculty loads. The assistant is the front door of the office of academic affairs and a key part of the academic affairs team.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including the ability to engage students, external constituents and colleagues graciously and professionally, even when dealing with difficult issues.
- Strong computer skills including confidence and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with web-based administrative software is a plus.
- Experience managing another person’s calendar and schedule.
- Well-developed ability to attend to detail and data accuracy.
- At least two years of relevant work or life experience in which the above qualifications have been demonstrated.
The successful candidate will have an authentic Christian faith and support the college’s mission and identity as expressed in our Vision for Learning, Vision for Diversity and Statement of Christian Identity.
Northwestern College is a ffiliated with the Reformed Church in America and seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled . To apply, send letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae and Northwestern College application form.
To apply for this position, use the button below to start or resume your application.