Technology is probably just as important to your learning as your textbooks. As a Northwestern student, you’ll have FREE access to our network (including e-mail and the Internet)—either wireless or via a port in your room.
We can support any recently purchased laptop or desktop computer you bring to campus, PC or Mac. If you bring your own computer, you must install Northwestern College's anti-virus protection software, which will be provided to you free. All campus computer users must also follow guidelines for network and Internet usage as published in the student handbook.
If you don’t bring your own computer, you can use one of ours. There are computer labs with desktop computers and printers in each residence hall and in other buildings across campus, including the main classroom building, library and student center.
A well-staffed computing services department provides technology assistance, answers and troubleshooting for all campus computers, including your personal computer. Their help desk is staffed 15 hours each weekday, or you can log help requests by e-mail.
MyNWC online community
Accepted students are given a MyNWC account that enables them to track their progress toward enrollment via a checklist—things like:
- Accepting (or declining) your financial aid package
- Learning your housing assignment and roommate information
- Signing up for a meal plan
- Reviewing instructions for what technology to bring to campus and how to connect to our network
Once enrolled, MyNWC will enable you to
- Register for classes
- Check your transcripts
- Set up a personalized informational webpage with links to dorm and department announcements, calendar reminders, and online class discussions