Sandie Hoover Kinsinger, Ph.D.
Instructor of Psychology
Ph.D., University of South Dakota
M.A., University of Illinois at Chicago
B.A., Wheaton College
VPH 305 A
After graduating from Wheaton College with majors in psychology and speech/communications, Professor Kinsinger earned a master's degree in art therapy from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She recently completed a Ph.D. in human development and educational psychology with an emphasis in statistics from the University of South Dakota. Research interests focus on resilience, particularly in the area of hope development. Professor Kinsinger has worked in schools with students at risk of dropping out and as a school/home liaison; with an adolescent pregnancy prevention program; as an art therapy consultant and art therapist; and as a substance abuse intake counselor. She has made presentations to the Iowa Counselor’s Association, the Midwest Social Worker’s Conference, and the Great Lakes Regional Counselor’s Association. She has also served as a reviewer for federal and state Department of Education grants.
- Art Therapist, Pine Rest Christian Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI
- Art Therapy Consultant, Duffy & Associates, Iowa City, IA
- Intake Counselor and Prevention Specialist, MECCA, Iowa City, IA
- Prevention Specialist, State & federal grant-funded projects, Washington, IA
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Psychological Science