Nursing faculty and staff
Michelle Van Wyhe, D.N.P.
Assistant Professor, Nursing
D.N.P., South Dakota State University
M.S., South Dakota State University
B.A., Augustana College
WRSM 5/RSC 103
Dr. Van Wyhe teaches in the nursing department and also serves as a nurse practitioner for Northwestern's Wellness Center. A board-certified advanced registered nurse practitioner, she provided O.B. and medical-surgical care for Orange City Area Health System. She also served as Early Head Start health coordinator for Mid-Sioux Opportunity in Remsen, Iowa, and as an R.N. at St. Luke’s Hospital in Sioux City, Iowa. Van Wyhe holds a master’s degree in nursing, with a family nurse practitioner emphasis, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from South Dakota State University.
- Van Wyhe, M. (2015). Vocation of faith: The influence of mother teresa on christian nursing, part 1. Journal of Christian Nursing, 32(2), 124.
- Registered Nurse, Orange City Hospital, Orange City, Iowa
- Early Head Start Health Coordinator, Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Remsen, Iowa
- Registered Nurse, St. Luke's Hospital, Sioux City, Iowa
- Nurse Practitioner Association of South Dakota
- ANCC Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing