Nursing faculty and staff
Northwestern’s nursing faculty have worked in clinics, hospitals, hospice, home health, public health and parish nurse ministries. In addition to teaching, consulting and conducting research, they also all maintain an active clinical practice.
Janiece Bohlke, M.S.N., R.N.
Nursing Arts Laboratory Coordinator
M.S.N., Clarkson College
B.S.N., Briar Cliff College
R.N., St. Joseph Mercy School of Nursing
A registered nurse for more than 30 years, Janiece Bohlke joined Northwestern's nursing department in 2012. Her extensive nursing career includes employment as a nursing house supervisor of a community hospital, nursing director of an inpatient psychiatric unit, telephone triage nurse in a physician's clinic, and college campus nurse. She has years of experience as a theory and clinical nurse educator in behavioral health, health assessment, and medical-surgical courses for BSN and LPN students.
- Nursing faculty, Clarkson College, Omaha, Nebraska
- Staff Nurse, Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- Charge/Staff Nurse, Mercy Medical Center, Sioux City, Iowa
- House Supervisor, ER Coordinator, Head Nurse, Staff Nurse, Floyd Valley Hospital, Le Mars, Iowa
- Skilled & Intermediate Care MDS/Care Plan Coordinator, Admission Nurse, Staff Education Coordinator, Charge Nurse, Happy Siesta Health Care Center, Remsen, Iowa
- Telephone Triage/Clinic Nurse, Medical Associates, P.C., Le Mars, Iowa
- Director of Health & Wellness, Westmar University, Le Mars, Iowa
- Nursing Director of the Inpatient and Outpatient Mental Health Programs, St. Luke's Regional Medical Center, Sioux City, Iowa
- Clinical Instructor, St. Joseph Mercy School of Nursing
- Psychiatric Staff Nurse, Cherokee Mental Health Institute
- Sigma Theta Tau, Omnicron Epsilon Chapter
- Inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, Theta Gamma Chapter