Michael Brannon, B.S., FCAS, MAAA, CPCU, ARe
Lecturer in Actuarial Science
B.S., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Michael Brannon is an assistant vice president-reinsurance and a senior associate actuary at Great West Casualty Company in South Sioux City, Nebraska. He has taught actuarial science courses at Northwestern College since 2005.
Brannon is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where he majored in mathematics and minored in actuarial science and English. He is a member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA), a Chartered Property-Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS), an Associate of Reinsurance (ARe), an Associate of Insurance Management (AIM), and a Specialist in Transportation and Risk (STAR).
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- Silver Creek Township Board
- University Liaison for the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Charter officer of the Central States Actuarial Forum (treasurer, 2000-04)
- STAR course presenter for CT-100 and CT-500 - Experience Rating, Umbrellas, Reinsurance
- Mentor to five Great West employees
- United Way "Loaned Executive" for Great West, 2005
- Presenter at the Casualty Ratemaking Seminar, 2001
- Taught CPCU preparation courses, 2000, 2001, 2003