Paul Arthur Bartlett, Ed.D.
Professor of Kinesiology
Ed.D., University of Arkansas
M.S., Drake University
B.S., Iowa State University
A kinesiology generalist, Dr. Bartlett teaches the social-cultural courses, some of the scientific foundation courses, and Coaching of Wrestling. He has presented and published research on sport facility design. His current research interest is in the area of cross-cultural sport studies. Formerly Northwestern's wrestling and women's golf coach, he served as president of the NAIA coaches associations for both sports and was inducted into the NAIA Hall of Fame.
- Introduction to Kinesiology
Introduction to Kinesiology (3 credits) Introduction to the field of kinesiology including aims, objectives, history, philosophy, programs, principles, basic concepts of organization and administration, professional organizations, and the relationship of Christian commitment to the field.
- Anatomical Kinesiology
Anatomical Kinesiology (3 credits) The study of human movement based on anatomical and mechanical principles. Emphasis is placed on the application of these principles in the analysis of human sports performance. Prerequisite: BIO102, 115, 121 or permission of the instructor.
- Concepts of Physical Fitness
Concepts of Physical Fitness (2 credits) (IGE option under Physical Wellness) The course examines various concepts of health and physical fitness with the purpose of encouraging the student to establish positive patterns of activity and healthy living.
Biomechanics (3 credits; alternate years, consult department) Mechanical principles and concepts governing human movement are examined, with an emphasis on analyzing sport skills. Prerequisite: KIN233.
- Motor Learning
Motor Learning (3 credits) Understanding of theoretical constructs of learning and knowledge of motor learning principles relating to response mechanisms, feedback, motivation, stress anxiety factors, and the influence of psycho-social elements in the acquisition of complex movements.
- Lecturer in physical education and head assistant wrestling coach, Drake University
- Assistant wrestling coach, Iowa State University
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
- International Society on Comparative Sport and Physical Education
- NAIA Wrestling Hall of Fame Inductee for Meritorious Service, 2008-09
- Profiled by the Christian College Sports News Network, 1992
- Kyle Achterhoff, M.S., lecturer
- Scott Bahrke, M.S., lecturer
- Matt Bos, M.A., lecturer
- Brandt Carlson, M.A., lecturer
- Amanda Keller, M.S., ATC, LAT, lecturer
- Kris Korver, M.S., lecturer
- Matt McCarty, M.S., lecturer
- Kyle Ochsner, M.S., ATC, SCCC, instructor and head strength and conditioning coach
- Matt Schmidt, M.A., ATC, LAT, lecturer
- Dan Swier, M.S., lecturer
- Kyle Van Den Bosch, M.S., lecturer
- Brian Wede, B.A., lecturer