Earl Woudstra, Ph.D.
Professor of Kinesiology
Ph.D., University of Minnesota
M.A., University of Iowa
B.A., Northwestern College (Iowa)
Dr. Woudstra teaches courses in sports management, physical education pedagogy, and coaching and serves as the program coordinator of the physical education and sport management majors. He has a doctorate in kinesiology and a master’s degree in recreation education. Before joining Northwestern’s faculty, he was an award-winning parks and recreation department director and coached a variety of sports. The head coach of Northwestern’s women’s basketball team from 1994 to 2011, he was named NAIA Div. II Coach of the Year four times and inducted into the NAIA Hall of Fame after leading the Raiders to the national championship in 2001, 2008, 2010 and 2011. Northwestern's athletic director, Woudstra leads regular sessions for area coaching clinics and does external consulting for parks and recreation departments.
- Park and Recreation Director City of Orange City 1979-1989
- Professor of Kinesiology Northwestern College 1989-Present
- Head Women's Basketball Coach Northwestern College 1994-2011
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Women’s Basketball Coaches Association