Ron & Peg Juffer Athletic Fieldhouse
Northwestern College is building a facility that will provide more than 33,000 square feet of indoor practice and training space for Red Raider student-athletes. Located just west of the Rowenhorst Student Center and connected to the RSC Mini-Gym, the new building will include:
- A weight room for athletes
- An athletic conditioning space
- A golf putting green
- Golf hitting nets
- Batting and pitching cages for baseball and softball
- A multipurpose area for team practices
The Juffer Fieldhouse will:
- Relieve the demands placed on the DeWitt Physical Fitness Center’s four-court area, which currently serves athletes, students and Orange City community members
- Address safety concerns created when teams are practicing in the same space being used simultaneously by the public
- Reduce or eliminate the necessity of early-morning or late-night team practices caused by a lack of indoor training space
In addition, providing a weight room for athletes in the new facility—along with the recently completed fitness center for students in the RSC—will allow the current weight room to be repurposed as a practice space for the wrestling team, which has outgrown its present location.
Northwestern College is extremely grateful for the many donors who have responded to help us meet our $3.15 million funding goal for the Juffer Fieldhouse. We still welcome gifts of any size to help the athletic department with future equipment costs within the building. Gifts of $1,000 or more will be recognized on the donor wall in the front lobby if received by April 1, 2015. You can either give online or contact the advancement office at 712-707-7106 to make a gift or pledge.
Construction is under way and will be completed by late September. Dedication of the facility is anticipated for Raider Days, Oct. 2-3, 2015. More details will be coming.