Foreign languages faculty
Rick Clark, M.A.
Instructor in Spanish
M.A., University of Northern Iowa
B.A., Wheaton College
Professor Clark is the 2007 and 2013 recipient of Northwestern's Teaching Excellence Award. In addition to teaching Spanish and working with the college's education majors, he serves as a translator in the community and is an assistant men's basketball coach for NWC. Born and raised in Ecuador as the son of missionary parents, Professor Clark has led summer study abroad trips to that country. He has also lived in Spain, led mission trips to Mexico and Ecuador, and served as a lay pastor for a Hispanic congregation. Prior to joining Northwestern's faculty, he taught for 22 years at the high school level.
Publications and presentations
- Translation of Plymouth County Jail manual
- Translation of 35 labels for Van Beek Scientific
- Presentation at NACFLA Conference on Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
- Assistant Men's Basketball Coach, Northwestern College
- Youth Director, Trinity Reformed Church, Orange City
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- North American Christian Foreign Language Association (NACFLA)
- Teaching Excellence Award, Northwestern College, 2007, 2013