Northwestern College seeks qualified part-time faculty to teach predictive analytics courses online
in the analytics certificate program for appointment on a term-by-term, as needed basis.
Online faculty will teach remotely through Northwestern College’s online learning platform, Blackboard.
All courses within this program are eight weeks in length and follow a traditional term schedule, with two consecutive courses offered each term and in the summer.
· Minimum of a master’s degree in statistics, analytics, computer science or computational science. Ph.D. in statistics, computer science or computational science preferred
· Professional experience with regression analysis and predictive modeling
· Superior written communication and interpersonal skills
· Adept with technology, including the Internet. Experience with learning management systems a plus.
· Must own a reliable portable computer with Internet connection
· Flexible schedule; must be willing to work with students outside of the traditional workday
· Highly self-directed
· Experience with online learning, teaching experience preferred
· Engage students through active discussions and collaborative learning experiences
· Assist students in bridging content knowledge with practical applications
· Provide rich and timely feedback on student assessments
· Regularly interact with students outside of the traditional workday
· Facilitate academic, personal and spiritual growth
· Interact and collaborate with full-time NWC content area faculty
· Revise curriculum, in collaboration with full-time NWC faculty, as needed
Northwestern is a Christian liberal arts college, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our goal is to provide opportunities for students to grow intellectually and spiritually to prepare for careers and lives as thoughtful, discerning citizens. The high-quality education Northwestern offers is characterized by relevant and rigorous coursework, significant faculty-student interaction, and an engaged community of learners, both on campus and online.
Northwestern seeks candidates with an authentic Christian faith who will support the college’s mission, Reformed and evangelical identity, and commitment to Christian liberal arts as expressed in our Vision for Learning. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, and complete the online application below.
Northwestern College complies with all federal and state regulations for nondiscrimination in employment. Women and persons of color are encouraged to apply.