Chris Yaw, M.S.
Lecturer in Education
M.S., Buena Vista University
B.A., Northwestern College
Chris Yaw has 17 years of experience as a teacher and school administrator, having served as both a middle school math instructor and a middle school principal. He also taught for a year in the health and human performance department of Wayne State College in Wayne, Nebraska.
In addition to teaching education courses at Northwestern, Yaw serves as the college's head women's basketball coach.
- Foundations of Education
Foundations of Education This course provides philosophical, historical, social and economical foundational background for students considering the teaching profession. This course includes a field experience. (2 credits)
- Early Field Experience
Early Field Experience This course requires 25 clock-hours of field experience with a certified teacher in an area school. Prerequisite: EDU102. Graded on a pass/no pass basis. (1 credit)
- Early Field Experience-Middle School
Early Field Experience-Middle School
- Middle School Methods and Curriculum
Middle School Methods and Curriculum This course focuses on the philosophy of the middle school, organization of the curriculum, effective teaching strategies, and assessment. This course includes a 5 hour field experience. Prerequisite: junior class standing. (3 credits, alternate years, consult department)
- Middle School Math Instructor, MOC-Floyd Valley Schools, Orange City
- Middle School Principal, Spencer Middle School, Spencer, Iowa
- Instructor, Health and Human Performance Department, Wayne State College, Wayne, Nebraska
- Co-authored and received Iowa Star Schools Grant