Barbara Top, Ed.D.
Lecturer in Education
Ed.D., University of South Dakota
Ed.S., Drake University
M.A., Augustana College
B.S., Augustana College
Professor Top has doctorates in educational administration—with an emphasis in special education—and in curriculum and instruction. She also has a master's degree in special education and a bachelor's degree in elementary education. In addition to teaching at Northwestern, Morningside, Dordt and Central colleges, she has served as a supervisor and consultant in special education for Region 4 of the Northwest Area Education Agency in Sioux Center, Iowa; as an administrator of a residential treatment program in Illinois; and as a program manager and associate director of Hope Haven, an organization that serves people with disabilities in the Midwest.
- Assistant Professor of Education, Northwestern College
- Visiting Lecturer, Morningside College, Sioux City, Iowa
- Supervisor and Consultant in Special Education, AEA #4, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Administrator of Residential Treatment for Children, Elim Christian School, Palos Heights, Illinois
- Program Manager and Associate Director, Hope Haven, Rock Valley, Iowa
- Associate Professor of Education, Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Curriculum Consultant and Program Coordinator, Christian Opportunity Center, Pella, Iowa
- Visiting Lecturer, Central College, Pella, Iowa