Share your “Jesus & Justice” story. Make a presentation yourself or with a team.
Propose a session
During Northwestern's sixth Day of Learning in Community (DLC) classes will be suspended and offices closed so campus community members can learn with and from each other. Participate by presenting a session that explores the theme of Jesus & Justice as it relates to your life, your community, your college, your academic discipline ... What is your experience with or knowledge of systemic injustice? How do you imagine you and your peers might help enact God's restorative justice in the world?
- Where do justice and the gospel connect? Where are the messages distinct; where do they reinforce each other?
- What does it mean to live justly in the aftermath of Christ's death and resurrection?
- Where have you witnessed injustice? What are the root causes of injustice and how might they be healed through Jesus and the message of the gospel?
- Where have you seen justice or injustice on campus? ... in Orange City? ... in northwest Iowa? ...
- What is your "Jesus & Justice" story?
- Areas for exploration ...
- Access to healthcare and education
- Christian community development
- Creation care
- Evangelism and social action
- Extroversion and introversion in the church
- Immigration reform
- Incarnational ministry
- Material and spiritual poverty
- Racial reconciliation
- Sharing the suffering of others