Dayne Logan, M.A.
Instructor in Communications
M.A. in Magazine Editing, University of Missouri
B.A. in Print Journalism, Kansas State University
As a professional journalist, Dayne Logan has worked as the associate managing editor of four monthly magazines, including KC Magazine and KC Business Magazine, for Anthem Media Group in Overland Park, Kan. He also was lifestyles editor for the Leavenworth (Kan.) Times newspaper. Logan stays involved with the journalism industry via freelance work for the alumnae magazine of Bryn Mawr College.
Logan joined Northwestern's faculty after completing a master's degree in magazine editing at the University of Missouri, where he worked to develop and manage a pair of iPad applications for Vox, the student magazine. Upon graduation, Logan joined the university's adjunct faculty and served as the magazine's editorial director.
In addition to teaching in Northwestern's communications department, he serves as the faculty adviser to the college's student newspaper, the Beacon.
- Associate Managing Editor of KC Magazine, KC Business Magazine, KC Home Design and Commercial Journal for Anthem Publishing, Overland Park, Kan.
- Lifestyles Editor, Leavenworth Times, Leavenworth, Kan.
- Freelance Editor, KC Business Magazine, Overland Park, Kan.
- Freelance Editor, Bryn Mawr Alumnae Bulletin, Philadelphia, Penn.
- American Copy Editors Society (ACES)
- Association of Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC)
- City and Regional Magazine Association (CRMA)
- Student Journalists Award Competition Editorial Judge, Kansas Associated Collegiate Press, spring 2010