Business and economics faculty
Eric Elder, Ph.D.
Professor of Business and Economics
Ph.D., Washington State University
B.A., University of Washington
VPH 300 F
An economist who also teaches business and finance courses, Dr. Elder served as Northwestern’s interim vice president for academic affairs from 2003 to 2005. He has published articles in professional journals such as the Journal of Biblical Integration in Business and the Western Journal of Agricultural Economics. A licensed CPA, he worked for five years as an accountant. His doctorate is in agricultural economics.
- Research Assistant, Department of Agricultural Economics, Washington State University
- Assistant Accounting Supervisor, Tacoma (Wash.) School District
- Staff Accountant, Metcalf, Tebrich and Co., Bellingham, Wash.
- Association of Christian Economists
- Teaching Excellence Award, Northwestern College, 1990