July 15–19, 2013 (three remaining openings; deadline extended to June 17)
Northwestern College offers a one-of-a-kind camp for high school juniors and seniors interested in learning more about the brain, nervous system and neuroscience careers.
- Mini-lectures and demonstrations
- Electrophysiology and neuropharmacology experiments
- Sheep brain and simulated human brain dissection
- Recording of campers' brainwaves
- Fieldtrips to neuroscience research labs and medical imaging facilities
- "Neuroscience at the Movies" and other brainy fun
The weeklong experience on Northwestern's campus is open to teens from across the U.S.